Apple’s HomePod is out and users are impressed by the smart speaker’s premium sound quality, but some have yet to take full advantage of its voice control functionality. To help users get started, AppleInsider collected a few useful phrases and commands that highlight Siri’s capabilities.
Here’s a list of the commands seen in the video above. Try them out with your HomePod by first invoking Siri by saying, “Hey Siri.”
- Remind me to go to the store today
- Read my reminders
Alarms and timers:
- Set an alarm for [time]
- I’m awake
- Set an alarm for 7 in the morning and make it repeat everyday
- Delete my [time] alarm
- Set a timer for half an hour.
- How much time is left on the timer?
- Stop the timer
- When is daylight savings time?
- Make a shopping list
- Add bananas to shopping list
- Read my shopping list
- Delete my shopping list
Conversions, translation and language:
- How many ounces are in a cup?
- How many teaspoons make one tablespoon?
- How many calories are in a tortilla?
- How many calories are in an orange?
- What’s 80 x $21.59
- Now Multiply that by 24
- What’s 20% of that?
- What’s the traffic like going to work?
- How long does it take to drive to Seattle?
- Where’s the closest gas station?
- Where can I buy some flowers?
- Where can I buy a replacement light bulb?
- Where’s the nearest ATM?
- Where’s the nearest Redbox?
- Where can I get some coffee?
- Where’s the nearest pizza place?
- What’s the news today?
- Switch to Fox News.
- Give me the latest sports news.
- How’s the stock market today?
- What’s the best movie out right now?
- Give me showtimes for Jumanji.
- How tall is mount everest?
- Flip a coin
- Do you work for the FBI?
We’ll be looking at HomeKit commands in a future video, so stay tuned.
For more reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.