The AppleInsider Podcast delves into Tim Cook’s firm stance on privacy, what it means to have principles in tech, the Bloomberg Spy Chip story again, rumored new Macs, and possible new modems for iPhones.
Tim Cook speaking about the data-industrial-complex
- iMacs, and perhaps a Mac Mini – we’re pretty sure about iMacs, but Victor still holds out hope for a Mac Mini.
- Apple TV’s service could launch in the first half of 2019.
- Tim Cook speaks bluntly about the ‘data industrial complex’ and how data is weaponized with military-efficiency. Victor scares William, who hadn’t really thought he was being surveilled.
- In light of Tim Cook’s stance on privacy and securing data, it’s understandable why he’s calling for a retraction of the Bloomberg Spy Chip story. He calls it “100% a lie”, and it’s hard to see how he could be any more forceful about it.
- Qualcomm and MediaTek are working on 5G modems, accelerating their schedule, which might make 5G a possibility for a rumored 2019 iPhone
We like reader email —send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for “AppleInsider.” Click here to listen, subscribe, and don’t forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.