Earlier today the OnePlus 6T was officially announced. If you plan to pick it up come November 1st, keep in mind one thing: it lacks a headphone jack. Of course we saw that coming from a mile away. While lamenting the headphone jack can be cathartic, let’s look at some fine wireless choices to pair with the OnePlus 6T.
Best active noise canceling: Sony WH-1000XM3
Reasons to consider the Sony WH-1000XM3:
Best on-ears: AKG N60NC
Reasons to consider the AKG N60NC:
- AKG’s N60NC has effective noise cancellation for the price.
- Compact and easy to transport.
- Comfortable for on-ear headphones due to lightweight materials.
Best workout: Jaybird Tarah
Reasons to consider the Jaybird Tarah:
- IPX7 certification verifies water-resistance.
- Control the EQ settings via the MySound app, and apply preferred settings to other phones.
- “Made for Google” certification ensures that the Tarah is compatible with Google Pixels and other devices.
Best budget: JLab JBuds Air True Wireless
Reasons to consider the JLab JBuds Air:
- These earbuds are IP55 dust- and water-resistance.
- Excellent isolation and stable fit with the proprietary CushFin earbud sleeves.
- Comprehensive playback controls
- 500mAh charging case.
Best compatibility: OnePlus Bullets Wireless
Reasons to consider the OnePlus Bullets Wireless:
What you should know about wireless headphones for the OnePlus 6T
- A proper fit is key to accurate, unimpeded sound reproduction.
- AAC Bluetooth codec support doesn’t matter with the OnePlus 6T, but aptX support does.
- Wireless audio doesn’t stack up to wired audio quality, but it’s good enough for casual listening.