This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Victor and William talk about getting your iPhone battery replaced sooner rather than later, Qualcomm, Google Fi, the iPad smart connector, and passcode breaking.
Fi on iPhone!
- First of all, change your iPhone battery if it’s failing. The $29 dollar price is going to go up December 31.
- Qualcomm’s CEO Steve Mollenkoph speaks on Jim Cramer’s show, saying that the case is nearly closed. We talk about why he might be motivated to speak during an open case.
- Google changes “Project Fi” into “Google Fi”, signaling that it’s no longer a limited project, and they release an iOS app for iPhone (beta) support. It’s got an interesting pricing model, works very well internationally, and has some finer details worth talking about
- DriveSavers, the data recovery people, claim to be able to unlock passcode-locked devices with 100% success.
- By moving the position of the Smart Connector on the new iPads, Apple has destroyed the potential of the connector.
We like reader email —send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for “AppleInsider.” Click here to listen, subscribe, and don’t forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Show note links:
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.