Today, Warner Bros. released the Desolation of Mordor story expansion for Middle-earth: Shadow of War. The expansion allows you to play as Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil, and the survivor of the city’s demise. For the first time ever, you can command humans against a deadly Orc threat to the east and utilize a host of new abilities to conquer the desert region of Lithlad.
Some of the main features of the expansion are listed below.
- You unite with Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter, to craft powerful new combat gear.
- You can hire mercenaries to create a human army and conquer an all-new desert region.
- You can complete a host of new outpost missions and overthrow the Marauder fortress of Shindrâm.
- You play as a human without the power of a ring in a new rogue-like campaign mode.
Several free content updates are also available today for all Middle-earth: Shadow of War owners.
- A new Brutal difficulty setting features enemies that are as fast and lethal as Gravewalker difficulty, but damage is increased greatly, and Might and Wrath will fill up faster allowing players to use more special moves.
- You can choose to appear as Baranor in the main story campaign.
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s photo mode got new stickers, styles and filters inspired by the Desolation of Mordor expansion.
It’s great to see Warner Bros. supporting the game this aggressively after launch. Hopefully the game will get even more content in the future.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War is the latest entry in the Lords of the Rings gaming franchise. The game is currently available for around $30 at various retailers. The game supports Xbox One X and Xbox Play Anywhere on Xbox One and PC.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!