As you can see, the OnePlus employee didn’t say that the feature will be included in the next major update for sure. Probably the company will be carrying out some tests in the Android P beta and then optimize it for less battery drain once the full release comes out.
OnePlus 6 always-on display feature before removed
In the meantime, the developers’ team is working on another short-term OS update to squash some officially confirmed bugs. Here’s the list:
- Call sound disappears when you switch to loudspeaker.
- The notification and call sounds are quiet.
- Three random dots appear right next to the WiFi icon in the notification bar.
- There’s no option to display the battery percentage – only the icon serves as an indicator.
- There’s no scheduled DND feature.
- There seem to be some issues with autofocus in the camera app
- The some apps are cuts off or overlap when the notch is disabled from settings.
- Selfie portrait mode still unavailable.